INTRODUCING THE NEWLY ESTABLISHED ALUMNI UNIT OF THE UNIVERSITY
I am pleased to inform you that the University Management has approved the creation of the Alumni Unit.
Some of the functions of the Alumni Unit are:
- To identify the Alumni of the University wherever they are in the world;
- To generate and continually update the Alumni Data Base;
- To coordinate Alumni stakeholders meetings and activities;
- Liaise effectively with chapters, the branches and members of the Alumni Association of the University;
- To disseminate relevant information to the Alumni Association from the Unit and vice-versa;
- To develop strategy to cultivate, solicit and steward target population; these strategies include but, not restricted to direct mail, email and web communications, phone and personal solicitations.
- To develop letters, brochures, stewardship materials, training materials for volunteers and staff;
- To set specific annual donor and financial goals for fund raising initiatives;
- To monitor progress toward achieving these goals.
In view of the above, the Unit is soliciting for the cooperation of all ATBU Alumni so as to move the Unit, as well as, the University to greater heights.
As an esteemed University of Science and Technology, we are proud to be associated with all our Alumni that are doing well or have excelled in their various fields of endeavour.
We urge you to keep the flag flying and continue to be good ambassadors of your alma mater.
No contribution is too small or too big; in cash and kind would be welcomed. Every effort by any individual or group is highly welcomed and would be immensely appreciated.
Join us to make ATBU greater and a shining example for others to follow.
You can also contact us as follows:
Hajiya Aisha Idris,
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University,Alumni Office
Ground Floor, Senate Building,Gubi Campus.
GSM: 08109673613, 07082274445
We look forward to your response, please.